Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Date


So there I was, a single guy, perusing eHarmony.  I was all in, I had the iPad app, the iPhone app, and the website was bookmarked on my computer.  Each day I would get pictures and profiles of girls from all over the Illinois area.

On a certain day there was this (cute) girl named “Sommer” from Morton. She lives close by!  Score!

I started perusing the pictures and I came to one that was labeled “My small group, I can’t imagine life without these guys!” (Or something like that).  As I looked at the picture it dawned on me that I knew just about every single person shown. (Justin and Amy Smith, Matt Phillips, and Barb Bode to name a few) It would turn out that picture was taken on the day of Gabrielle’s wedding when they all had dinner together before the reception.

I immediately texted Gabrielle and asked her if she knew a girl named Sommer from her small group.

Gabrielle said yes. 

I specifically remember the follow up questions, since they are of vital importance:

 Is she nice?
Is she hot?
(I’m proud of myself that I asked in that order)

Gabrielle's response:

She is nice but quiet (everyone is quiet compared to Gabrielle though)
Not my type

Good enough for me!

I skipped all the eHarmony safeguards and sent her a message asking if we could meet for coffee since we knew all the same people.  I would find out later that Sommer had recognized me from when she helped Gabrielle and Jonathan move in.  I think she might have said something like: “I recognized those massive rippling muscles and beautiful eyes that I have been dreaming about ever since I saw you” or something similar…who can remember really?

So I sent a message, eager to see what would happen with this Sommer from the Bode small group.

She made me wait…..

Can’t seem too eager!

Make him wait…..

So I waited.



This would be an awesome place to stop the story for now, but I labeled this post “First Date” so I think I need to keep going…..

Nope, I don’t.

Next time:  First Date, Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment