Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Engagement - Part 1

So trying to write a blog with a full time job, fiance (how do I get the stupid line over the "e" to show up?), and a wedding to plan, all while during tax season might not have been the brightest thing I have tried to do.

So I'm going to jump to the good part.

You peoples want the engagement story, I know you do.  So that is what I'm going to give you.

Here is the timeline of our relationship, at least from the outside looking in:

August

 - Meet

 September

 - Get to know each other

October

 - Take things slow

November

 - Profess Love
 - Tell Sommer that I will propose to her
 - Get Sommer's ring size

Errr....what?  What happened in November?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Sommer and I actually fell in love pretty early on but we both wanted to protect ourselves, and go so slow, that we denied it till November.  When I said the words "I love you" it was like a dam of fear broke and we knew that we truly were meant to be together.

When I first told Sommer those three little words I was scared, but I needed to tell her.  I needed to not let fear get in the way of what could be a beautiful and amazing relationship.  So I told her that I loved her and that I wasn't expecting her to say it back.  I knew she would need time to process.  I also said that I wouldn't badger her to force a response.

Fast forward all of three days.  I told her, as I was leaving one night, that I loved her and that it was ok that she couldn't say it back because I knew she loved me.  Arrogance?  Maybe.  But I knew it.  I could see it in the way she looked at me and in the way she talked to me and treated me.

She knew it too, but was scared like I was.

The next day she told me that she loved me.

Two weeks later we were getting her ring size......in Hoopeston of all places.  Now there is a memory....

To be continued.....for realz....

No comments:

Post a Comment